5th February 2016
Senior Academic Fellow sought for Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Scholarships & Leadership Programme
Salary: dependent on experience
Hours: Part time – approx. 25% post
Contract type: one year renewable
Solid track record of academic/professional experience required
Closing date: 7th March 2016
Would you be interested in joining a dynamic young group of scholars and working with them on a leadership programme which runs alongside their graduate studies in Oxford?
The Weidenfeld-Hoffmann Trust (WHT) is an educational charity based in Oxford and working closely with the University. Established in 2007, the Scholarships & Leadership Programme provides talented young graduates from developing and emerging economies with full scholarships to the University of Oxford, alongside a tailor made leadership training programme focusing on skills needed to become leaders in whatever fields they choose on a national and global scale.
We are looking to appoint an Academic Fellow for the Scholarships & Leadership Programme. The role will begin in September 2016 but ideally the chosen candidate would have some input in the selection of the 2016-17 cohort of Scholars in April 2016.
Over the years since its inception this programme has become one of the most sought after scholarships in the University. For further information about the Programme, see our website: http://whtrust.org/
The ideal candidate for this post is someone who would enjoy interacting with an energetic and proactive group of scholars who relish the chance to widen their horizons and learn. The job could be combined with other work either at the University or outside opportunities. The role includes the following specific tasks:
- Coming up with texts and working on the overall timetable and staffing for the moral philosophy seminar which takes place at the end of September as part of the five day induction to the programme and to Oxford. There are three follow up sessions over three afternoons which also require similar input
- Delivering workshops through the rest of the academic year to help scholars with essay writing, exam preparations and any other aspects of their academic work which require extra input.
- Working with other members of WHT and the University to come up with a short list of applicants for future scholarships, attending the interview and helping with the final selection of candidates.
- Maximizing any contacts inside and outside the University to bring scholars into contact with business, and other leaders from whom they can learn and seek advice on their future careers
- Providing practical support to the scholars in twice a year one to one meetings and other informal ways and references once they reach the end of their time at Oxford.
To apply for this post, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. The subject line of your e-mail should read “Application for the position of Academic Fellow”
Interviews will take place on the week commencing 14th March in London/Oxford.